An In Dash GPS fits into your vehicle and is designed to provide you with Navigation and a whole host of extra features. These type of GPS Unit are very good because they are easily concealed and therefore harder for car thieves to steal. You also will not have to remember your GPS Unit each time you use your car as it will already be there ready for you. Typically there are two main types of GPS Navigation Units for your Car, The Portable GPS Units and the In-Dash GPS Devices.
- Portable Units are those that can be moved from car to car and whilst they can be very good, they are often built for portability and therefore lack the size needed to view maps and many useful features to help with you navigation.
- In Dash GPS Systems are a permanent device that needs to be professionally installed into your car, however will not only give you a great navigation unit but will also give you many more features such as iPhone Compatibility, Bluetooth Calling, DVD and Video capability and much more. The Navigation system will never run out of battery, forgotten or lost as they are installed directly into your car Dash board and connected to the power source.
In Dash GPS
When buying an In-Dash Device, you need to make sure that you device will fit into your car before you buy it. Most professional websites will allow you to search your cars year and model before buying. We honestly would not recommend buying an In-Dash GPS unit, if you cannot check whether it will actually fit. 99% of the time, it will not.
Pioneer AVICZ150BH In-Dash Navigation AV
The Pioneer AVICZ150BH In-Dash Navigation unit comes with a motorized 7-inch touchscreen which is actually very good. The high definition screen allows for fantastic detail to be shown on the maps even at night when the well lit screen really comes into its own.
Check Out These GPS Reviews – Click Here
The GPS unit comes with a full 8GB of internal memory and super fast internal processor meaning that route calculations are quick and the maps have a lot of detail within them. Extra maps can easily be added to your GPS unit through the microSD card, however with Maps of the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and 12 million Points of interest all ready installed within the unit, there is hardly a need. The navigation unit also comes with Free Lifetime Total Traffic updates for over 90 metro areas meaning that you should never be stuck in traffic again.
As with many In-Dash GPS Navigation systems, you buy it for its features and this Unit is no exception. The devices has a full DVD/CD receiver, built in amplifier, Bluetooth for Hands free calling, HD radio Turner, iPod controller, Pandora Control and USB port.
- Multi-purpose Device
- Motorized 7-Incg Display
- Huge Point-of-Interest Database
- Great Navigation Software
- Traffic Alerts
- Media Playback
Pyle PLDNV78I In-Dash GPS Navigator
The Pyle PLDNV781 In-dash GPS navigator comes with a massive 7-inch, LCD widescreen, touchscreen and a super easy to use interface making it one of the more simple In-dash GPS units to use. The on screen menu is simple to use and allows you to quickly enter your destination into the GPS unit and the fast processor speeds allow for quick route calculations.
Check Out These Customer Reviews – Click Here
The built-in navigation system features a 2GB SD card with full maps of the US, Canada and Mexico, whilst voice guidance allows you to keep your eyes on the road whilst you drive.
The extra features with this inbuilt GPS are endless to include MP3 audio player, Video, DVD, CD, SD card player, USB stick, AM/FM radio, Aux port for camera’s, Bluetooth for hands free talking and iPod/iPhone connector top connect your phone directly to your GPS unit.
- Fast Processor For Navigation
- Simple Interface and Menu
- Voice Guidance
- Large 7-Inch, LCD WideScreen
- Active Picture Control
- MP3/4 WMA Playback
- iPod/iPhone Connection
- No Installation Instructions
- Difficult To Find Unit Updates
- Bulky Design
- Slow to Find Satellites
- No Predictive Text for Keyboard