- 5-Inch Screen Size
- Good Synchronisation
- Wireless and Bluetooth Included
- Compatible with Smart Phones
- Free Accessories
- Slow Synchronisation
- Bad Interface
- Difficult To Use
- Terrible Mount
- Wireless Bluetooth Connection.
- Free customised information such as Fuel Prices, Traffic Alerts, Red Light Camera Alerts.
- Connects easily with iPhones & Most Android Smart Phones.
- Synchronize your Smart GPS 5295 with Smartphone, Computers & Tablets using Automatic Cloud Syncing.
- Integrates local, social, and mobile content including reviews from Yelp and Foursquare using the Cloud-enabled Smart Ecosystem.
- Wirelessly synchronize, save, and share your favorite destinations and contacts between your Smart GPS, Smartphone and PC.
- Enjoy the Smart GPS experience from anywhere with Free mobile apps of the Smart GPS
Magellan Smart GPS 5295 Review
The Smart GPS 5295 device measures almost 6.75 inches from corner to corner and has a Large 5-Inch Touchscreen Display, however it also comes with a thick case that really does not do the design any favours. The 5-inch screen is a respectable screen size for a GPS unit, but the amount of information that Magellan tries to cram onto the Smart GPS screen, makes it seem small. Basically its a plastic slab with a touch screen on one side which uses a suction cup to attach itself to your windshield.
Check Out These Customer Reviews – Click Here
The Magellan Smart GPS is a portable navigation device, giving users multiple options to navigate, search for destination and manage their favorite places. SmartGPS hardware forms the core of this system, which can be used as a stand alone navigation device, however the hardware gives its optimal performance when used along side Magellan’s smart phone apps for iPhone and Android devices and a cloud synchronizing service called MiCloud which is accessible via any Web browser. The MiCloud Web service along with a smartphone app allows you to connect to the Web via Wi-Fi and synchronizes contacts, favorites, and recent destinations and via its Internet connection.
The wireless connection also allows information such as names phone numbers, addresses and your favourite locations to be transferred to your Smart GPS from your smart phone in a split second. You can easily search, and send your destinations and contacts to your smart GPS from your Smartphone.
Yelp and Foursquare integration allows destinations to be downloaded and real-time traffic data to be easily accessed. Yelp and Foursquare have the added bonus of providing you with valuable local information such as Lowest Gas Prices in your area, Traffic and Camera Traffic Alerts or users reviews for you favourite restaurant or bar without any additional subscription plans or cost.
Each Magellan Smart GPS comes with a many add-ons like the Road Mate 5295T LM Smart GPS Battery, Quick Start Guide, Windshield Mount, Micro USB Cord, Vehicle Power Adapter, USB AC Adapter, and a Smart GPS App Download Card which empowers you to make the optimum use of the GPS.
The Magellan Smart GPS effectively plugs the gap between connected navigation apps and car-friendly GPS hardware with its ability to sync with the cloud and connect to the Web via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
The touch screen enables swiping, pinching, and tapping gestures whilst on there back there is a built in speaker and the power button is on top edge. On the bottom edge you will find all of the ports and connections which are supported by the Smart GPS. The micro SD card slot is for updates and increasing the available memory for maps, a 3.5mm analog output connects headphones or plugs into your vehicle’s auxiliary input, and the micro USB port connects to the 12-volt-to-USB charging cable that embeds in the sturdy suction cup mount enabling a one-handed connection and disconnection whilst keeping the unit fixed to a glass windshield. Finally, the 3.5mm AV input makes the Smart GPS compatible with Magellan’s rear-view camera add-on. This Smart GPS hosting invisible connections for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for data synchronization and for hands-free calling offers the user with added advantage.
Along the top of the screen is a status bar that shows ions for wireless connection, battery level, synchronization status, GPS connection strength, and the current time. You also find a of virtual scroll wheel that can be swiped to the left to reveal eight more smart squares adding weather, current position, safety alerts, and a shortcut to a browser. You can swipe to the left and it hides the squares and expands the map to full screen.
The device gives the driver the choice of three different routes at the beginning of every trip: shortest, fastest, and least use of highways. Traffic reports in the Smart 5295 are remarkably accurate and when the device was connected to an iPhone running the SmartGPS app, and ETA data is usually on point.
- A Large 5″ Touchscreen Display.
- The ability for synchronization with other hardware
- Wireless , Bluetooth technology
- Handy information free of cost
- Expandable Memory
- Compatibility with Smart phones and their apps
- Connectivity to the web
- Free accessories available with the Smart GPS 5925
- Slow Synchronization at times.
- The interface crams a lot of information on the screen.
- Distraction due to the flipping of the smart squares on the screen as the Smart GPS shows the squares by default will be a turn-off for some.
- One point of articulation for the mount which is a ball joint with a locking ring at the base of the cradle which may be risky in bumpy roads.