- 7-Inch Screen
- Life Time Map Updates
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Great Points of Interest Database
- Good Connectivity
- Very Poor Battery Life
- Size of GPS Unit
- Software Problems
- Mount is Not Very Good
- Menu Can Be Difficult to Use
- Large 7-inch, High Definition Touchscreen for easy use
- Comprehensive Directory of RV Campsites
- Customise Routes according to Specific RV and Truck Restrictions
- Free Lifetime Map Updates and Traffic Service
- Turn-by-Turn Directions Spoken Aloud
- Bluetooth lets you connect your phone for hands free use
- Super Fast Processor Speed
Magellan RoadMate RV9165T-LM Review
If you’re Driving an RV or Truck you need to make sure that you buy an RV specific GPS Navigation Unit as a regular GPS won’t tell that up-and-coming tunnel is too low, or that the little bridge ahead hasn’t been rated to your weight. An RV GPS like the Magellan RoadMate RV9165T-LM has these features and many more, making it ideally suited to long RV trips.
This GPS Unit comes with a large 7-Inch high definition screen to give you the perfect view of your route without forcing you to look away from the road. You can make use of the huge database of 6 million points of interest to find your next destination, or you can program your own route on the GPS or on your computer. The Magellan RoadMate RV9165T-LM will even let you plot a route with multiple stops, so you can pre-program your whole trip.
The Magellan RoadMate RV9165T-LM comes preloaded with maps of America, Canada and Puerto Rico. You also get free access to the updates for all these maps. The Points of Interest databases has been modified to include RV rest stops and camp grounds. The Magellan RoadMate RV9165T-LM also gives you traffic alerts wherever they are available, and the service is free for life. All your favourite routes and settings will be saved by your device, and can be accessed by your computer therefore allowing you to edit and share those routes as you please.
Check Out These Customer Reviews – Click Here
Getting around in an RV can be tricky, that’s for sure, and it comes with some of the troubles of a normal car as well. Finding your way onto the correct lane on a busy intersection can be stressful in a car which is a third of the size of the average RV. This is where the Highway Lane Assist feature becomes so important. Using this feature will guide you to the exact lane so you don’t take a wrong turn. All your directions will be spoken aloud, and warnings will pop up when you’re exceeding the speed limit, helping to make your trip far more relaxing. The Magellan RoadMate RV9165T-LM can also be used as a hands free device, using Bluetooth to connect your phone.
The Magellan RoadMate RV9165T-LM is not by any means perfect and does have some problems. The mount is quite large, and can be difficult to manage, the unit itself is rather large and these two combined mean that its both difficult to store in small box and you cannot carry it around in your bag if you decide to take a walk. Like all large screens, the screen is power hungry which means the battery life isn’t great either and really can only about 30 minutes. The included manual is pretty useless as well, so you should definitely download the PDF manual online to figure out the features.
All that being said, this unit does have some great features. Once you have looked past its flaws, the Magellan RoadMate RV9165T-LM is one of the best GPS units available for RVs and Trucks. It is easy to set up and update, and provides reliable tracking and routing for your holidays or long hauls. It is also one of the most affordable units of this size, which is definitely worth considering. Although the unit is rather big for smaller car, it does have the option to switch to car mode, so you could use it for both. Overall a recommended purchase.
- Large Screen Size
- Free Lifetime Map Updates
- Customisable routes specifically for RVs and Trucks
- Highly customisable
- Use Bluetooth to connect your phone and make it a hands free unit, or play music
- Spoken directions
- POI list includes RV campgrounds and other relative RV interests
- Shows current speed and speed limits and can warn you when you’re speeding
- Easy to update and manage on your computer
- Fast processor ensuring routes are found quickly.
- The 7-Inch Screen combined with the chunky frame means it can be too big for a normal car therefore limiting its use
- Software has been known to freeze
- RV Height and Weight Warnings only Work in Route Mode
- List of Areas Suitable for RV’s is not Comprehensive
- The Mount can be Tricky to Use
- The route re-calculation setting can be slow to respond or not work at all
- Menu Can be Difficult to Use
- Battery only lasts around 30 minutes