- 5-Inch Screen Size
- Great Internal Speaker
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Magnetic Mount
- Lane Guidance
- Average Processor Speed
- Slow Traffic Updates
- Traffic Function is Slow
- Map are Out of Date
- Recalculations can be Slow
- 5 Inch, High Resolution Screen.
- “Pinch and Zoom” Capabilities.
- Detailed Maps of North America.
- Free Lifetime Map Updates.
- Free Lifetime HD Traffic.
- Smartphone Link Capabilities.
- 3D Buildings, Terrain and Landmarks.
Garmin Nuvi 3597LMTHD Review
The Garmin Nuvi 3597LMTHD is the top pick amongst all the present Car GPS Devices as long as you’re willing to pay the premium for this fantastic product. I personally bought this Car GPS because I thought it was the best Car GPS on the market. I was not wrong as its very good. This could well change when the Garmin 2798 finally enters production, but at present this is the best.
The Nuvi 3597 looks much slimmer than it is in reality thanks to its tapered edges and silvery metallic case that holds the device. Gone are the days of having and on-off switch on the top of your GPS device which used to mean every time you try to pick up the device, you actually power off your machine. The on-off switch has been moved to the back and on the bottom edge is now a small slot where a microSD card can be inserted meaning that you have increased storage for downloadable apps and updates. The 5-inch screen is simply fantastic and gives a great, clear image that whilst might not be as good as a retina display in today’s world of smart-phones, its not far away. The brightness and clarity are far better than any other GPS device that I have owned.
The integrated speaker is good but its not perfect and driving with the top down or windows down are not an option. The good news is that cradle that the GPS is mounted in features its own speaker which is very good and can easily be heard driving along with the windows down. The cradle also features a magnetic mount for easy one-handed mounting and dismounting.
Check Out These Customer Reviews – Click Here
Battery Life is actually quite good and with a full charge, three hours use is easily possible. The GPS unit also comes with a power cable which converts your 12-volt power source to re-charge the battery. The battery and cradle also power the loudspeaker and integrated FM/HD radio antenna.
The 3597LMTH features advanced wireless connectivity which allows you to connect your smart-phone via Bluetooth and use the unit for hands-free calling. The microphone and speakers included within the cradle and once you’ve paired the smartphone with your GPS device, the device will sync the phone’s address book which can be accessed by via the menu which can be controlled via the screen or via the voice control system.
The voice-control system is actually very good and I am easily able to accurately have a phone conversation, use the voice commands to connect with my phone and find contacts, and use the address book to select locations that I wanted to go to.
The Garmin 3597 also uses the new conversational tone which gives you a natural spoken turn-by-turn direction which use landmarks for directions rather than distance. Rather than the GPS saying, “turn left in 300 feet, the GPS may tell you to turn left after the park or traffic lights”.
The voice command is also very useful to use for points of interest during you route. Ask the GPS to find the nearest coffee shop, petrol station or Park and it will search and find the closest and easiest location and give you on screen directions to it.
The Smart Phone Link up for Android and IOS Apps, connects you phone or tablet straight to your GPS device. This means that you can surf the internet and send locations directly to your GPS unit. When you get out of your car and the bluetooth connection is broken, the smartphone makes a mark on your phones google map with your cars GPS location. This very useful feature means no more loosing your car.
- The 5-inch display is crisp, clear and the big screen is great for viewing directions.
- More street Names are shown on the map than in any previous models.
- Voice activation works really well even when you’re driving with the windows down.
- The mounted speaker systems is loud enough not to use full volume even with the windows down.
- HD Traffic works well and the advanced lane guidance is really good
- Magnetic Mount is very easy to use and just snaps into place.
- The Bluetooth functionality for phone calls works really well.
- I love the fact that it tells you each road you are on in the bottom right-hand corner
- There are only two data fields, of which one is your current speed and the other being your choice. I would really like to look at “time to destination” and “arrival time” at the same time.
- The traffic function works well but it very hit-and-miss. Sometimes it updates every second and other time it will not updated for 10 minutes.
- I love the “real directions” but sometimes this does not work well. And an example, turn left after the petrol station and of-course the petrol station no longer exists.
- The windshield magnetic mount works really well, but I wonder if its just an advertisement to car thief’s letting them know that there is a GPS device in my Car.
- No Mute Button