Price - $212.99
- Massive 7-Inch Screen
- Free Life Time Map Updates
- Super Fast Processor
- Voice Controlled
- Battery Life is Short
- Larger Screen Picks Up More Glare
- Quite a Heavy Unit
- Battery Is Not Replacable
- Very Easy-to-use out of the Box
- Touch screen display interface with dual orientation ( portrait & Landscape)
- Garmin Real Voice Directions using recognizable signs from buildings and landmarks.
- Detailed overhead images of junctions along routes with PhotoReal and Bird’s Eye junction views
- Find nearby services including restaurants, stores, hospitals and Gas Stations using “Up Ahead”
- Continual Map updating as you drive.
- Sleek mount which attaches to the back of the GPS for less distraction.
- Life Time Free Map and Traffic Updates.
Garmin Nüvi 2757LM Review
The Garmin Nüvi 2757LM finds its unique place in the GPS market with its bright 7-Inch display. The screen size of this device is a “Wow!” thing and displays good contrast, brightness, and colour. This Unit comes with detailed maps of North America that are continually updated with free lifetime maps, places of interest and essential information for navigation. You can download the new available maps up to 4 times per year, for free.
The Points of Interest (POI’s) database is huge and comes preloaded with thousands of POI’s all over the country including, business addresses, stores, restaurants, ATM’s and much more. You can customise your Garmin GPS Device to show you what’s ahead in your direction of travel automatically or use the device to show you wants in your area.
Garmin has developed their own “Garmin Real Directions” for the nüvi 2757LM and its a much improved version of previous models. The unit provides “spoken turn-by-turn directions” which makes understanding directions easy. Instead of asking you to take the third left or second exit, the unit speaks direction using recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights.
The Garmin 2757 has a much faster processor than previous models and therefore calculates and recalculates routes faster than any other models on the market at present. The data entry “keyboard” on the Garmin nüvi 2757LM is user friendly and you can toggle between numeric, alphabetic, and special characters as per your requirements.
Check Out Our User Reviews Here – User Reviews
The handy quick-disconnect mount allows the main body of the nuvi 2757 to just slip on or off the mount by pressing a button on the bottom leaving the windshield mount and power cable intact.
Driving through difficult interchanges or junction is often very difficult, however the Nuvi 2757 gives you confidence through the voice prompts and images from the “Active Lane Guidance” which uses an inbuilt animated model with brightly colored arrows to show the proper lane for your route.
Bird’s Eye junction view is yet another unique feature offering an overhead detailed view of interchanges while the “Photo Real Function” realistically displays the junctions and interchanges along your route. Another feature the 2757 has up its sleeve to help you with your directions is to show you real road signs as they appear along your route.
With your driving directions taken care of, additional information can be shown on screen if you choose such as the speed limit, your current speed, time of arrival and the name of the road you’re on.
The menus and displays can be further customized to suit the requirement of the user. You can choose icons amongst the categories, sub-categories, saved searches and even custom Points of Interests. The flexible search function allows you to search from your current location, your route, your destination whilst being constantly informed of nearby services, including restaurants, fuel stations, Gas Stations and ATM’s.
- Free Updates and Detailed Maps
- Garmin Real Direction and Garmin Real Voice features
- You See and Hear while you drive with a Comprehensive Driving Guidance.
- More Information at a Glance with a customized display.
- High Resolution Large size 7 inch screen display.
- Quicker booting and faster recalculation of routes.
- Pleasant and natural human voices
- User friendly touch screen display interface with dual orientation ( portrait & Landscape),
- Low brightness of the display
- The unit is hefty. When mounted, it seems to requires a more substantial base
- The huge size of this GPS makes it difficult to mount to the dashboard of most of the vehicles without hiding gauges, and restricting the user to view the road.
- The larger screen picks up a lot more glare in the daylight and during night, the headlight glare becomes a problem.
- The Gramin 2757 does not come with a traffic receiving cable
- Short Battery life compels the user to plug it in whenever possible and also, the battery is not easily replaceable.