Garmin nüvi 2457LMT GPS Review
- Quick Processor Speeds
- Voice Control
- Free Lifetime Maps
- Free Lifetime Traffic Updates
- Very Easy To Use
- Small Screen
- Limited Live Traffic Updates
- Sensitive On/Off Switch
- Volume Controls
- Problems Acquiring Satellites
- Free Lifetime Maps and Traffic Updates
- Easy to use Touch screen with Dual Orientation
- Garmin Real Voice Directions using Recognizable Buildings and Landmarks.
- Detailed images and Bird’s Eye Junction Views, to Facilitate Merging On or Off a Junction
- Huge Points of Interest Database including restaurants, stores, hospitals and Gas Stations alongside your map using the “UP AHEAD” Function
- Sleek Mount which Attaches to the GPS From Behind.
- Super Fast Processor and Easy to use 4.3-Inch Screen
Garmin nüvi 2457LMT GPS Review
The Garmin nüvi 2457LMT has a fantastic selection of features which means that this Unit is one the best selling Models on the market today. The GPS Device come with a voice activation feature which allows you to use the unit without using your hands and meaning that you can get to your favourite location, Points of Interest or change your route quickly and easily.
The Screen is a little small, however it is touch screen enabled with dual portrait and landscape orientations. The screen display operations can be seen clearly even when you’re wearing sunglasses, despite the smaller screen size. The display panel has non-glare feature and its ambient sensor adjusts very well to any light situation and it is bright and clear enough to see even during daytime.
The highly responsive Touch screen enables you to enter details quickly and easily given the unit come with a “complete the word function” which means that you don’t have type the full city or street name as the unit will complete this for you based on the available letters remaining. This GPS model also comes with you a new and improved processor which reduces its response time and allows you to search for and sort multiple destinations. The user interface has been improved over the years and now gives you the option to avoid certain types of roads, and even specific roads amongst the probable routes to your convenience.
Check Out Our Customer Reviews – Click Here
Activating the “Exit Services” feature, enables you to select nearby Points of Interest such as Gas Stations, Hotels, Restaurants and ATM’s. The screen can also be customised to show handy information on your GPS display such as the speed limit, other routes or Points of Interest. The lane assist view shows up automatically when you come to freeway/highway exit or complex junction. You can now drive through an interchange or exit a highway with confidence and leave the “Active Lane Guidance” feature to help you with its voices prompts. When you approach a specific interchange, brightly colored arrows indicate the proper lane needed for your route in an animated model and the friendly voice of Gramin 2457 offers additional help.
The Bird’s Eye junction view offers a detailed overhead view of interchanges, and makes you aware of all the possible details for a particular place. The Photo Real junction view realistically displays junctions and interchanges along your route, including the surrounding landscape as a few brightly colored arrows indicate the proper lane to drive. The Gramin nüvi 2457LMT also shows real road signs as they appear along your route as you drive.
Given the improved processor speeds, the device will boot quickly and the ‘auto power off’ feature will turn the GPS Unit off automatically if needed.
The voice prompts are clear and can easily be understood even at low volume therefore keeping the passengers in the rear disturbance free. The old ‘recalculating’ feature which used to repeat, the words “recalculating” over and over again has been removed and replaced with a Banner on the screen.
The new sleek design of the Gramin 2457 will match easily with your vehicle and the 4.3-Inch Screen is a perfect size to fit into your dashboard. The sleek mount attaches to the back of your GPS unit allowing for a sleek design. The 2 hour Battery life is actually very good, however you will need to carry a charger as you travel longer distances.
- Quicker Downloading
- Voice Activation Feature Allowing For Hands Free Operation.
- Highly Responsive Touch screen
- Free Lifetime Maps & Traffic Updates.
- Sorting Multiple Destinations with the Auto Sorts option.
- 4.3-Inch Screen with an Improved User Interface
- Detailed Images with Bird’s Eye Junction Views
- High Resolution Screen
- Easy To Use System Right Out Of the Box
- A Highly Responsive Power Button Increases the chance of an Accidental Triggering of the ON/OFF Switch.
- The Volume switch is a nightmare to Find and Adjust.
- Limited Live Traffic Updates.
- Satellite Signals are sometimes slow to react.
- Smaller 4.3 inch monitor, makes it a little difficult to read the display from the driver’s position in the car.
- The letters are scaled to fit the smaller display hence they appear smaller and are harder to read.
- The smaller Screen Size, means smaller buttons which makes typing Street Names Harder.
- Sometimes, the device may take a longer route instead of an available shorter and direct route.