For many people navigation is a necessary requirement which they need for the safety of their lives and accuracy of their outdoor activities. The nearest example that you can imagine is hikers, mountaineers, explorers and trackers as the terrain that they travel on is mostly rugged with paths that are full of difficulties and unexpected dangers. GPS’s come in hand when you want to obtain data that is complete with details to help choose a safe route.
A GPS Navigation watch are the best GPS devices for this type of journey as they provide the user with a number of useful features that they can use to guide them whilst being small enough so that they can easily be worn. These type of features can separate a good GPS watch from a bad one. The features of a good navigation watch differ from one user to another but here are some features that can be considered common among most of the users; any additional characteristics are subject to the individual needs of users.
- A GPS watch becomes more advantageous for the user to find out the reference points on his path. A nearby road or a water stream for example can be excellent guide.
- A Water-Proof watch is more reliable and versatile for use in every weather and ground conditions.
- Longer battery life ensures safety. A solar powered battery in a GPS watch makes it highly reliable especially in places and journeys where the sun shines bright.
- Route capability of a navigation watch must be high. Make sure that you get a watch with not less than 20 Waypoints.
- Waypoints of your choice must be stored in the navigation watch. The more waypoints you can store the easier your journey becomes and even can allow you do store multiple routes.
- The standard multiple Datum capability is pretty good. The GPS you select must have Entire Datum you require for your use.
- Comfortably fits on your wrist and is light-weight. This is an indispensible device and must not be a source of annoyance otherwise users would take it off and put it in the pocket where it may not remain that practical.
- Screen size and clarity of written data must be bold and clear enough that you can view it without any trouble. The screen must be well compatible to display the data suitably clear under the sunshine and in the darkness of night.
- For better connectivity to the base camp or friends and family, the navigation watch should have signal sending system. For informing about danger or “all is ok.” The signal can be a red light or a beep with intervals. This beep or signal can be received at a responding device with the base camp, family or any other responsible authority.
- It should be strong enough for sending and receiving signals, well-prepared with a sensitive system, this watch must not fall weak at any point!